söndag 3 juli 2011

Life on board and on the river

After almost two weeks on board life is slowly getting nice and easy. I know where stuff are...almost at least. I also feel more and more comfortable with mooring and leaving. This morning it was very easy compared to when we left Viviers. There we got stuck in the mud and had to juggle the whole boat. We were all four standing on the side on a narrow pontoon trying to rock the boat loose. Finally I felt that the boat was loose and Johan jumped on, reversed it quickly, and the rest of us jumped on. Off we went!
I am the navigator and the chef, responsible for where we are and what we eat. In the very beginning of this blog I thought it should be possible to write about what we eat and put out some recepies, but, nono, that has not been posible so far. But, I have been able to keep my pescotarian diet. Today we made minced meat sauce with pasta and som ratatouille for me. Very nice!

Otherwise we talk a lot, play cards and read, event though I have just been able to read a few pages so far. To much of my thinking have been occupied with the boat and the navigation. 
Along the way today we saw a lot of activity. We were really surprised that so much sporting is going on on the river. Some examples:







And then us...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar